We’re Spending Our Money In The Hamlet! Please Join Us.
The sidewalks are a wonderful thing for our future, but there is no question that the businesses in the Hamlet that rely on walk-in customers took a financial hit during the “perfect storm” of events over the past few months. Sidewalk construction and temporary lack of parking caused customers to drive right on by, the incessant rain in June and early July kept tourists at home, and construction on the Wallkill bridge had many locals scrambling for alternate routes. Result? Our hard-working “downtown” businesses have had a rough summer so far.
The Gardiner Gazette Editorial Committee plans to help fix this by making a commitment to BUY STUFF IN GARDINER after the dust settles. Resources are not unlimited, of course, but if something’s gotta give, it will be something else; for the time being our expendable income, however small, is going to the Hamlet. We’re each making a commitment to do something like:
• Buy a gift (or something frivolous for ourselves) at HiHo Home Market
• Buy flowers (or a gift) at Meadowscent
• Pick up some wine etc.at the Hudson Valley Wine Market (formerly Enthusiastic Sprits)
• Eat in or take out delicious food from The Village Market, Pasquale’s or Cafe Mio
• Buy some paint, hardware, gardening tools etc. from Majestic’s Hardware
• Get a haircut at Cuts By Dawn
• Get a Massage at The Repair Shop
• Buy some cool clothes at Uptown Attic
• Get our bikes tuned up (or buy a new one!) at Lightsey Cycles
• Buy our produce at the Gardiner Farmers Market on Friday afternoons
• Give all our postal business to the Gardiner Post Office!
And that’s just what we can think of off the top of our heads! Gardiner Day is coming too (September 14th) so plan to pass through the Hamlet and spend a few dollars. The businesses in town improve our lives immeasurably so, to quote a well known ad, “Just do it,” OK? We’ll see you there.