There are lots of things to do with kids in Gardiner. Some are spontaneous, summer fun. Some are exhilarating and lead to long-term skills and new friends. Here are over 15 great options. Google the ones you’re interested in and try them out!
- Sign your kids up for karate classes at Fighting Spirit Karate School, which has a new location, on Osprey Lane in Gardiner.
- Try the Take The Leap Dance Studio (formerly Got Rhythm), also on Osprey Lane; it’s under new ownership.
- Stone Wave Yoga (Route 44/55, in the former Utility Canvas building) is new to the area and offers Grow Yoga classes for K-8, yoga classes with childcare (five days a week) and prenatal yoga every Thursday.
- Don’t miss ice cream at Tantillo’s on Route 208! There’s a great play area for kids (picture, right, LACE Photo Media).
- Or head for the new Stone House Creamery, at Benton Corners opposite Lombardi’s Restaurant, for ice cream in a spacious, covered, outdoor seating area.
- The Gardiner Library, of course, offers various themed kids adventures all year.
- If you and your kids like cute animals (who doesn’t?), the Goodnow Family Farm on Route 44/55 opposite Pure Honey Lane has a petting zoo, and can be booked for private parties.
- Budding young rock climbers can join parents in a family package with rock climbing specialists HighXposure Adventures on Route 44/55.
- Try horseback riding at Lucky C Stables, North Wind Farm, La Luna Farm or Free Spirit Ranch, all in Gardiner
- Pick fresh fruit at Jenkins-Lueken Orchards, Dressel Farms, Apple Hill Farm and Wallkill View Farm Market.
- Sign up for the fall after school art program at Sunflower Art Studios, which also offers private art parties and special art events.
- Mohonk Preserve’s summer camps, focused on environmental education and adventures, are a winner.
- You can knit local with your kids at White Barn Farm’s Knit Local Cafe.
- And, of course, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park has various themed kids adventures.
- Don’t forget to put on your calendar for Summer 2018 Phillies Bridge Farm’s Fresh Cooking Camp and Forest and Fields Nature Camp, which start in July each Summer, and the Town of Gardiner Summer Recreation program, also starting in July.
May your children be happy, healthy and well-entertained for the rest of this summer and into the fall!