Gardiner residents …you may be eligible for tax savings if you meet any of the following requirements and you file the appropriate forms with the Gardiner Assessor’s Office on or before March 1, 2013.
• Basic STAR: Available on your primary residence with a
$500,000 income limit.
• Enhanced STAR: Available if you are over or turning 65 in
2012 and your adjusted gross income is under $79,050.
• Senior Exemption: Available for owners who have resided
in their home at least 1 year, are over 65 with incomes
less than $32,399.
• Veterans: Available if you or your spouse served during a
war time period.
• Cold War Veterans: Available if you served from 1945-
1991 and you receive no other veteran’s exemption.
Forms and further details are available at the Assessor’s Office or online at www.tax.ny.gov. If you have questions, call the Assessor’s Office, 255-9675, Extensions 104 or 105.
Again, remember that completed exemption forms must be filed on or before March 1, 2013.