Gardiner residents will have the following candidates to choose from in our local elections:
- Town Supervisor—Marybeth Majestic (D)
- Town Board—Warren Wiegand and Carol Richman (D)
- Town Clerk –Michelle Mosher (both D and R lines)
- Town Highway Superintendent—Brian Stiscia (D)
- Town Justice—Robert Rich (D)
There are two candidates running for County Legislator, District 16 (Gardiner and Shawangunk). Tracey Bartels is the incumbent on the Democratic and Working Families Party ticket while Kimberly Calderone is the Republican and Conservative Party nominee.
The following are running unopposed:
- Kevin R. Bryant for New York Supreme Court Justice, 3rd Judicial District (D)
- David Gandin for New York Supreme Court Justice, 3rd Judicial District (Mr. Gandin is a Gardiner resident and former treasurer of the Gardiner Dems.) (D)
- Laura M. Jordan for New York Supreme Court Justice, 3rd Judicial District (D)
- March Gallagher for Ulster County Comptroller (D)
- Nina Postupack for Ulster County Clerk (Republican but endorsed by the Dems)
- Sarah Rakov for Ulster County Family Court Judge (D)
There are several propositions in this year’s election. All will be on the reverse side of the ballot. They include: Amending the Apportionment and Redistricting Process; Right to Clean Air, Clean Water, and a Healthful Environment; Eliminating Ten-Day Advance Voter Registration Requirement; Authorizing No-Excuse Absentee Ballot Voting; and Utilization of funds designated for payroll expenses within the County budget. They can be viewed at: elections.ulstercountyny.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/list-of-props.pdf. To see a sample ballot, visit: elections.ulstercountyny.gov/sample-ballots-2.
Absentee ballot applications must be received by Ulster County Board of Elections (BOE) no later than 15 days before the election (Oct. 18th). You may continue to apply for an absentee ballot in person and receive it over the counter through Nov. 1st by visiting the Ulster BOE at 284 Wall Street, Kingston, NY 12401. The last day to postmark a general election ballot is Nov. 2nd. BOE will accept ballots in person until Nov. 9th. For further info, please visit elections.ulstercountyny.gov/absentee-ballots-info.