The team at the Gardiner Gazette recently fielded a readership survey at Gardiner Day as well as on social media in July 2022, and we were overwhelmed at the love and support expressed by the respondents in support of our mission “to create a dialogue about strengthening our community, developing community programs, and caring for and helping those who live around us,” and the loyalty of our readers touches our hearts.
As you may or may not know, the Gardiner Gazette is a non-profit, mostly volunteer organization which has been a free resource for Gardiner residents since 2009, and we want to keep it that way, so every household who wants one can receive a free printed copy in their mailbox. However the cost of paper, printing and postage has increased so much that the business community’s paid advertising is not enough to ensure that Gardiner’s only newspaper will survive, no less thrive in 2023. We need your financial support and the volunteer spirit of the entire Gardiner community. Below are volunteer as well as donation options. We have every confidence you will help. Note that all donations are fully tax-deductible and you will receive a receipt to use at tax time.
Misha Fredericks, General Manager
2022 Readership Survey Results
- Forty-four (44) Gardiner residents filled out our reader’s survey, and of them,
- 95.5% said that The Gardiner Gazette is either extremely important (68.2%) or very important (27.3%) to them;
- 61.4% said that they were willing to donate to support the Gardiner Gazette’s mission and to help it stay a free resource to all residents of Gardiner, and 25% said they were “undecided” about donating;
- Of those who said they were willing to donate, the majority (65.9%) said they preferred giving a yearly donation rather than monthly (7.3%).
- 68% said that having a Children’s Page is extremely important or very important to them;
- And the question about the importance of printing the Gazette in full-color did not receive approval: 50% were opposed to the move to color, 24% said they supported printing the Gazette in full-color, and 27.3% neither supported nor opposed it.
Gazette Volunteer Opportunities
- Article Writing and/or Editing
- Mail List Management
- Event & Fundraising Coordinator
- Social Media Volunteer
- Graphic Design/ Layout (InDesign)
- Children’s Page Editor
EMAIL US: GardinerGazetteNY@gmail.com